School of Economics and Management of Public Administration in Bratislava offers rigorous examinations and rigorous thesis defence in the following fields and programs:
- study field: 3.3.5. Public Administration and Regional Development
study program: Public Administration
- study field: 3.3.16. Economics and Enterprise Management
study program: Management of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship
in order to obtain the academic title „Doctor of Philosophy“
) by Act No. 131/2002 Coll. on higher education as modified, § 53, paragraphs 8 and 9 and the internal regulation „Rector’s Directive no. 3/2014 on rigorous examination and rigorous thesis defence at VŠEMvs“.
By passing the rigorous examination and defending the rigorous thesis, the graduate demonstrates deeper knowledge in his field and is able to autonomously gain new research and practical knowledge, and is able to creatively apply these in practice.
Rigorous examinations may be applied to by graduates who have had a minimum one year work experience and who hold the academic title „Master“ in Public Administration and Regional Development or a related field.
Guide to applying to sit for the rigorous examination
The applicant shall submit the letter of application to
Pedagogické oddelenie VŠEMvs
Furdekova ul. č. 16
851 04 Bratislava
Ing. Anna Chorváthová
phone: 0917 209 082
The application for the rigorous exam must be submitted in writing and must include the applicant’s personal details as well as
- the study field, in which the graduate has completed his Master study
- the study filed, in which the applicant wishes to sit for the rigorous examination.
Application appendices include:
- a verified copy of the diploma and verified copy of the certificate of state examination, verified copy of the certificate of awarding of the „Master“ title,
- if the applicant completed his/her study at a foreign institution, a verified copy of the recognition certificate is to be submitted with the application,
- list of publications, should the applicant have any,
- receipt of payment of the 50,- € fee for the admission procedure.
The costs of rigorous examination and defence are covered by VŠEMvs from the payments received for the rigorous examinations and defences.
After the applicant has chosen the topic of the rigorous thesis, the fee of 999,- € to cover the expenses connected with the realization of rigorous examinations and defences shall be paid by the applicant, and a signed copy of the Rigorous Thesis Assignment is to be submitted to the Pedagogical Department.
After a successful completion of the requirements of the examination and defence, the graduate – citizen of the Slovak Republic – is required to pay the fee of 200,- € to cover the expenses of issuing the certificate of awarding the academic title.
The payments are to be forwarded to account no. 292 187 8925 / 1100 (Tatra Banka), stating the personal identification number („rodné číslo“) as variable symbol.