The mission of VŠEMvs is to
- Educate professionals for public administration and regional development by providing higher education in the study programme Public Administration and Regional Development in compliance with current European trends in education.
- To convey up-to-date information on trends in the understanding and approaches to the fields of economics and management of public administration and regional development and thereby to enhance the employment potential in an increasingly competitive environment of and integrating and globalising world.
- To build an excellent institution of education and research in compliance with the strategy of a higher-education institution.
- To act as an independent institution implementing educational programmes on an international level.
Areas of operation of VŠEMvs
- Training professionals for public administration by providing higher education in study programs based on the study field 3.3.5 Public Administration and Regional Development in line with the current European educational trends.
- Training professionals for the sphere of SME management by providing higher education in study programs based on the study field 3.3.16 Economics and Enterprise Management in line with the current European educational trends.
- Training professionals for public administration and local government, corporate bodies and natural persons in market as well as non-market services, within the study field 3.3.23 Public Economics and Services.
- Performing basic research and widening the knowledge of economics, management of public administration and entrepreneurship by spreading its results. (Certification of the qualification to perform research and development).
- Mediating current information on trends in the understanding and approach to individual fields of economics and management of public administration and the management of SMEs, and thereby contributing to enhanced employment opportunity of its graduates in an increasingly competitive environment of an integrating world.
- Creating jobs for scientists and teachers who help increase the quality of scientific and pedagogical potential in the circumstances of an increasing competitiveness among higher education institutions in Slovakia.
Alumni – successful professionals
The graduates and alumni of VŠEMvs find employment in the sphere of public administration and SME management in regions. According to statistics of employment agencies they achieve full employment. As a result of continuously transferring state-of-the-art knowledge via top teaching professionals, the graduates obtain a comparative advantage in the labour market. After graduation they are able to offer solutions to development issues arising in cities and municipalities and in rural areas, and to precisely specify the development issues of a region and select the appropriate instruments for the solution thereof. The use of IT in the educational process helps them identify IT resources in later practice and process the obtained results. By including the teaching of law into the study the graduates are provided with knowledge of selected branches of law, and are later able to use this knowledge in solving practical aspects of particular kinds of decision making processes in public administration. A good foreign language competence helps the students to find employment in international labour markets.